Contest-Winning Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the berries are softened. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine the crumbs and sugar; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over crust. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons blueberry mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with remaining blueberry sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 424 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 12, 2020
Came out amazing! I cooked it around 50 mins and put the entire blueberry topping on before baking, which was a good move :) I also used a regular glass pie pan, so if you dont have a springform pan you should be ok!
Feb 17, 2020
Turned out great best cheesecake ever
Dec 8, 2019
I thought this recipe was great! Not sure what pan sizes you are using, but it fit mine just fine. As for cracking cook it in water then, if it bothers you....... excellent taste and very easy to make!
Sep 25, 2019
I’m not sure what happened. There seemed to be enough filling for two cheesecakes. It barely fit into my spring form. We’re 1 hr and 25 minutes into baking and the whole thing is still jiggly. I don’t know where I went wrong....
May 30, 2019
Made 2 cheesecakes following this recipe. The outer cheesecake cooked faster than the middle. It took around 1 hour to bake at 350 F. I wonder if this recipe should been baked in bano maria. Cheesecakes cracked every where. Not impressed.
May 2, 2019
Would frozen blueberries be ok for the topping and swirl?
Mar 22, 2019
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Jan 5, 2019
My first try and the best cheesecake I have ever tasted. My husband loved it. There's not much left! ??
Dec 10, 2017
I really like this recipe. The sour cream adds a richer texture and taste to this cheese cake. I added 2 Tbsp extra butter to the crust. I also cut out parchment paper to fit the springform pan, with some “tabs” for pulling the cheesecake of the bottom of the pan. When serving, I just cut off the tabs. The blueberries add a fruity taste to the cheesecake! We are always looking for more blueberry recipes!
Apr 1, 2013
Made this for Easter this past weekend March 31, 2013 and it was so good, definetly will make this many more times and it was easy too, might change the berries around from time to time but my daughter said omg that was the best cheesecake ever!!