Contest-Winning Fresh Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured surface, roll dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim and flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights. Bake on a lower oven rack until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Add 3 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries; stir until butter is melted. Cool. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 269 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 7, 2019
I've made a bunch of blueberry pies recently because I'm teaching a pie class next month. This pie is by far the best one. My favorite! I topped mine with whipped cream, but it would still be good unadorned.
Sep 12, 2019
Tastes even better than it looks!! Yum!!
Aug 18, 2019
Just made as directed. Can hardly wait till it cools !!
Jul 24, 2019
Excellent and healthy, as I used 1/2 cup of xylitol plus 4 micro spoons of pure stevia extract instead of sugar. Plus 2 caps of pure vanilla.
Jul 23, 2019
Its blueberry season where I live, spent the morning picking berries and came home to make some homemade pie crust. Looking around for recipes for the filling I decided on this contest winning recipe. Read all the reviews and decided to give it a go. A.maze.ing. The only thing I changed was the sugar. I used a tad less than a half cup of white sugar. I used a tart plate and a homemade pie crust with the weaving dough to top. Consistency of this filling is perfect. My teenager loved loved loved the pie! The best possible way to use 2 hours of blueberry picking berries! Thank you so much for sharing! With love, Christine, and the girls
Jul 19, 2019
Forgot the butter. Still awesome.
Jul 7, 2019
My husband said, “This might be the Best blueberry pie I’ve ever had!” Excellent and easy to make.
Jun 17, 2019
Excellent! I used half sola sugar to reduce the sugar amount. It was a great recipe and super easy.
Dec 11, 2018
Delicious, and super easy to make. Definitely will make again! Also, frozen blueberries work just fine if fresh berries aren't available.
Jul 23, 2018
Definitely a keeper! I love that it uses fresh blueberries instead of canned. The texture of the berries is also nice since only part of them are cooked first.