Peach Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 3, 2019
Best peach and blueberry pie ever! So far, I've made it three times this summer ????
Jul 14, 2019
Made this pie for dessert tonight with fresh peaches from The Peach Truck and it was delicious. I have added this recipe to my favorites and will definitely be making it again.
Jul 12, 2019
Could you use drained canned peaches for this recipe?
Oct 14, 2018
Our neighbor gave us some of her fresh peaches so I knew I had to make this pie and I’m so glad I did, this pie is delicious! My family loved it! This is a keeper!
Jan 22, 2018
Never can go wrong with homemade pie. I skipped the allspice (I don't like it) and added a little more cinnamon. Blackberries were more of a hit than the blueberries.
Sep 29, 2017
I had some overripe peaches that I needed to use as well as some freshly picked blueberries. This pie was the perfect way to use both items. I shared the pie with friends and the results were unanimous...one of the best pies ever. I used a little less allspice than it asked for but the flavor still came through clearly.
Sep 4, 2015
this has become our favorite pie of ALL !!
Aug 12, 2015
Like another reviewer, I make a pie with peaches and blackberries. The flavors and texture blend well together.
Aug 3, 2015
This pie was devoured in one sitting, it was so good! The only thing I changed was I used fresh blackberries from the backyard instead of blueberries. I'm already being bugged to make another pie, lol.
Jul 23, 2014
I made this pie for a luncheon with friends and the hands down review was that this was the best pie ever! A couple of small changes: reduced the sugar to 3/4 c, substituted 1/8 tsp nutmeg for the allspice, omitted the 1 T of butter. Using in-season fruit really intensifies the great flavor.