Peach Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2018
Our neighbor gave us some of her fresh peaches so I knew I had to make this pie and I’m so glad I did, this pie is delicious! My family loved it! This is a keeper!
Jan 22, 2018
Never can go wrong with homemade pie. I skipped the allspice (I don't like it) and added a little more cinnamon. Blackberries were more of a hit than the blueberries.
Sep 29, 2017
I had some overripe peaches that I needed to use as well as some freshly picked blueberries. This pie was the perfect way to use both items. I shared the pie with friends and the results were unanimous...one of the best pies ever. I used a little less allspice than it asked for but the flavor still came through clearly.
Sep 4, 2015
this has become our favorite pie of ALL !!
Aug 12, 2015
Like another reviewer, I make a pie with peaches and blackberries. The flavors and texture blend well together.
Aug 3, 2015
This pie was devoured in one sitting, it was so good! The only thing I changed was I used fresh blackberries from the backyard instead of blueberries. I'm already being bugged to make another pie, lol.
Jul 23, 2014
I made this pie for a luncheon with friends and the hands down review was that this was the best pie ever! A couple of small changes: reduced the sugar to 3/4 c, substituted 1/8 tsp nutmeg for the allspice, omitted the 1 T of butter. Using in-season fruit really intensifies the great flavor.
Jul 22, 2014
I made this pie for my sweetheart's birthday and it was delicious! I only omitted the allspice. I used fresh Georgia peaches I had gotten at a farmer's market and fresh wild blueberries I picked myself.
Jul 4, 2014
Holy Moly! I'm in heaven. I may be biased because peaches are my favorite fruit ever, but this pie is dynamite! I picked fresh blueberries at the orchard today and made an all butter pastry crust. Perfection!
Aug 18, 2013
I made this pie today and it was delicious! The combination of peaches and blueberries was very good. I added 2 extra tablespoons of flour since my peaches were very ripe and juicy and it came out perfect - not runny at all. I would definitely make this recipe again.