Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 380 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2018
The orange makes the flavor unique and wonderful.
Jul 7, 2018
Dec 4, 2017
Great peach pie! I omitted the almond extract and added some cinnamon instead. It works equally well with either fresh or frozen peaches.
Oct 20, 2017
This is very good but I made it with my peach cobbler recipe. So easy. Stir together 1 cup sugar, 1 cup self rising flour, I cup buttermilk. Must be buttermilk. Let 1 stick of butter melt in a 9x13 glass dish in a 350 degree oven. When hot and melted pur your batter into the hot dish. Spread the peach pie filling across the top leaving 2 inch’s of batter around it. I also added water and cornstarch to get a little more juice because I like mine like the canned peach pie filling. Bake for 45 minutes on 350. Take out and sprinkle the top with I tablespoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar mixed together. Place under broiler until brown and carmalized. Using the cinnamon topping I would use it in the peach pie filling would be too muck.
Sep 21, 2017
What to do if I have no juice in reserve????
Sep 4, 2017
I substituted nectarines and left out the nutmeg, and this pie is wonderful!! There is nothing like a fresh peach/nectarine pie from fruit off the tree.
Sep 4, 2017
Delicious recipe. My family rated it a keeper. I used 3 large and 8 smaller peaches. It was just the right amount. Based on personal preference, I decreased the nutmeg by half because I didn't want it to overpower the peaches.
Aug 22, 2017
Overall, good recipe! I like the combination of the white and brown sugars, though I did use only half of each and found it to be plenty sweet. I did think it was too spiced, taking over the flavor of the peaches a bit.
Aug 15, 2017
Trudy this uses a standard 9" pie plate.Recipe Support SpecialistTaste of Home Magazine
Aug 15, 2017
Does anyone know if you should use a regular 9in pie plate or a deep dish 9 in