Golden Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with 1 crust; trim, leaving a 1-in. overhang around edge. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange zest and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining crust to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to bottom crust; fold overhang over. Lightly press or flute edge. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 10-15 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 27, 2019
My family and I loved this pie! A wonderful way to showcase my fresh peaches; filling baked up so nicely, with a great consistency. I followed recipe as written except I used vanilla extract in place of almond, and sprinkled the top with cinnamon-sugar. Scrumptious!
Sep 11, 2019
Oh my goodness. Eating a piece of this pie as I write. Sooooo delicious. I baked it yesterday. Took out of oven around 1:00 in afternoon. Served it with ice cream around 6 with ice cream. After being in fridg all night it is so much better this morning with no ice cream. I did add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. I also put a full top crust on it instead the strips. Kept the nutmeg. Will keep this recipe.
Sep 10, 2019
Very good. I used my own pie crust recipe, though. The orange zest helped the flavor.
Aug 20, 2019
This is definitely my new go-to peach pie recipe. I made it exactly as written..... I loved that the pie set up nicely too with the help of the cornstarch, as I find that peach pie can be quite runny. LOVED this!
Oct 21, 2018
Oh my stars, this pie is so good. The citrus flavors and the almond extract really enhance the peach flavor. The only change I made was to use my homemade pastry crust recipe but the filling was exactly the same. My new go to peach pie recipe.
Oct 16, 2018
This pie was a hit! I made it for company and there wasn’t s simple piece left! This pie has a great balance of peach flavor and sweetness. The almond and orange are a great touch. I did not have and orange to zest, so I used orange extract instead. This will be my new peach pie recipe!
Jul 12, 2018
I had some fresh peaches to use up. My guests gobbled up this pie. I used a little less nutmeg and added a touch of cinnamon.
Jun 9, 2014
This is absolutely the best tasting pie that I have ever had. I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie was delicious. Everyone was blown away. It's addicting good.
Aug 17, 2013
My very-hard-to-please mother in law, who does not like desserts, was very impressed with my peach pie. This is a real winner!!!
Aug 2, 2013
Not usually a peach pie fan but this is a winner. I used the zest of a whole orange and together with the almond extract really adds to the taste. Will definitely make this again.