Golden Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with one crust; trim, leaving a 1-in. overhang around edge. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange zest and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining crust to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into strips of various widths. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to bottom crust; fold overhang over. Lightly press or flute edge. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 12, 2018
I had some fresh peaches to use up. My guests gobbled up this pie. I used a little less nutmeg and added a touch of cinnamon.
Jun 9, 2014
This is absolutely the best tasting pie that I have ever had. I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie was delicious. Everyone was blown away. It's addicting good.
Aug 17, 2013
My very-hard-to-please mother in law, who does not like desserts, was very impressed with my peach pie. This is a real winner!!!
Aug 2, 2013
Not usually a peach pie fan but this is a winner. I used the zest of a whole orange and together with the almond extract really adds to the taste. Will definitely make this again.
Jun 18, 2013
First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! I will definitely make again.
Jun 18, 2013
First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! The person I made it for also loved it. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 26, 2012
This was the best pie that I have ever made or tasted.
Sep 11, 2012
I had never made or even tasted a peach pie before, I absolutely loved this pie. Best fruit pie ever! Everyone else who tried it really like it.
Jul 16, 2012
I made these in my Emeril mini pie maker and they came out great! (I didn't have any orange peel in the house, so I left that out, but I want to add that next time.)
Aug 21, 2011
I actually used a crumb topping on this very nice peach pie. It was yummy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.