Golden Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with one crust; trim, leaving a 1-in. overhang around edge. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange zest and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining crust to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into strips of various widths. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to bottom crust; fold overhang over. Lightly press or flute edge. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2018
Oh my stars, this pie is so good. The citrus flavors and the almond extract really enhance the peach flavor. The only change I made was to use my homemade pastry crust recipe but the filling was exactly the same. My new go to peach pie recipe.
Oct 16, 2018
This pie was a hit! I made it for company and there wasn’t s simple piece left! This pie has a great balance of peach flavor and sweetness. The almond and orange are a great touch. I did not have and orange to zest, so I used orange extract instead. This will be my new peach pie recipe!
Jul 12, 2018
I had some fresh peaches to use up. My guests gobbled up this pie. I used a little less nutmeg and added a touch of cinnamon.
Jun 9, 2014
This is absolutely the best tasting pie that I have ever had. I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie was delicious. Everyone was blown away. It's addicting good.
Aug 17, 2013
My very-hard-to-please mother in law, who does not like desserts, was very impressed with my peach pie. This is a real winner!!!
Aug 2, 2013
Not usually a peach pie fan but this is a winner. I used the zest of a whole orange and together with the almond extract really adds to the taste. Will definitely make this again.
Jun 18, 2013
First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! I will definitely make again.
Jun 18, 2013
First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! The person I made it for also loved it. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 26, 2012
This was the best pie that I have ever made or tasted.
Sep 11, 2012
I had never made or even tasted a peach pie before, I absolutely loved this pie. Best fruit pie ever! Everyone else who tried it really like it.