Mom’s Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 354 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
I have made this pie several times and it's so delicious! Everyone loves it and the recipe has been shared many times.
Sep 15, 2017
Easy, and so good with a scoop of ice cream! Even my picky son had a slice.
Sep 9, 2017
A keeper! Easy and delicious. I made my own pie crust and used peaches from my very own peach tree.......
Aug 16, 2017
Aug 13, 2017
Delicious!! I also added a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the topping, simply a personal taste. The purpose of the egg white wash on the bottom crust is to prevent a soggy crust when you use fruit fillings. A lot of people don't understand why that was added, and that's the reason. Very nice, simple and delicious pie recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Aug 12, 2017
Outstanding, and so easy! I used a refrigerated pie crust - did not use the egg wash. Used fresh Georgia peaches (about 8-9) and added 2 tsp. of Penzey's Pie Spice - the flavor was out of this world! Definitely will make this again and again!
Jul 9, 2017
Wonderful peach pie.Love the topping. A great change from a double crust pie and so easy to make.I didn't use the egg wash in the pie crust.
Apr 30, 2017
I made this for a dessert auction to send a Jr high kid to camp and it was sold fast and the family that bought the pie after they ate a slice all agreed they made an excellent choice.
Nov 5, 2016
For those who are asking how many peaches equals 6 cups, it would be 9 medium whole peaches.
Jul 26, 2016
I made this pie today and it was delicious, very easy to make. I used a refrigerated Philsbury rolled crust (because I don't do well with pie crusts) and I added some cinnamon to the flour mixture. I will make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.