Mom’s Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Brush egg white over dough; refrigerate while making filling.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and 2 tablespoons flour; toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender. Cover with foil during the last 15 minutes if it begins to brown too quickly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 404 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 10, 2019
I found this pie to be a bit bland. I didn't care for the sugar mixture in the bottom of the pie but my friends all enjoyed it. It was easy to put together and a great way to use up extra peaches.
May 2, 2019
Absolutely wonderful! We enjoyed this immensely, using the last of our last year's frozen peaches....now I eagerly await the new crop to bake again. Thank you Sally, for sharing your family treasure!
Dec 3, 2017
I have made this pie several times and it's so delicious! Everyone loves it and the recipe has been shared many times.
Sep 15, 2017
Easy, and so good with a scoop of ice cream! Even my picky son had a slice.
Sep 9, 2017
A keeper! Easy and delicious. I made my own pie crust and used peaches from my very own peach tree.......
Aug 16, 2017
Aug 13, 2017
Delicious!! I also added a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the topping, simply a personal taste. The purpose of the egg white wash on the bottom crust is to prevent a soggy crust when you use fruit fillings. A lot of people don't understand why that was added, and that's the reason. Very nice, simple and delicious pie recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Aug 12, 2017
Outstanding, and so easy! I used a refrigerated pie crust - did not use the egg wash. Used fresh Georgia peaches (about 8-9) and added 2 tsp. of Penzey's Pie Spice - the flavor was out of this world! Definitely will make this again and again!
Jul 9, 2017
Wonderful peach pie.Love the topping. A great change from a double crust pie and so easy to make.I didn't use the egg wash in the pie crust.
Apr 30, 2017
I made this for a dessert auction to send a Jr high kid to camp and it was sold fast and the family that bought the pie after they ate a slice all agreed they made an excellent choice.