Peachy Cream Pie
Turn a store-bought graham cracker crust, frozen peaches and whipped topping into this pretty pie. Fruit-flavored gelatin provides a refreshing topping for the delightful cream cheese filling. -Gina Glassford, Provo, Utah
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach, apricot or orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in gelatin until dissolved. Add peaches. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pie crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with a Keebler extra-servings-size graham cracker crust. This pie crust size is needed for the large amount of filling.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 376 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peachy Cream Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2002