Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 10, 2017
Delectable! We had almond extract, so we used it, but it could easily be replaced with vanilla extract or omitted altogether. We also added a little cinnamon to spice it up. Wonderful pie!
Sep 4, 2015
Tasted great - only used half the sugar. Still plenty sweet!
Aug 21, 2014
This is my go-to peach pie recipe. Not a fan of having cinnamon with peaches....covers up the fresh flavour of the fruit. This pie also freezes well for a little taste of summer in the winter.
Aug 12, 2010
very good..however i left out the almond extract and also used 1/2c brown sugar & 1/2c white sugar...pie had a nice 'fresh peach' flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.