Peach Parfait Pie
Betsy Furin from Rockville, Maryland writes, "This recipe came from an old 'Cooking with the Skins' cookbook. The recipes in it were send in by players' and coaches' wives from our beloved Washington Redskins pro football team. I make this pie when our local peaches are in season."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Set peaches aside.
- Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved; add cold water. Gradually add the ice cream, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 60-75 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally (mixture may separate).
- Drain peaches again; discard juice. Fold gelatin mixture into peaches. Transfer to pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 327 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peach Parfait Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.