Peach Plum Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and drained
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh purple plums
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, plums, lemon juice and extract. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, lemon zest and salt. Add to fruit mixture and stir gently; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits in pastry. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 472 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 1, 2019
Delicious pie. Wonderful blend of flavors. I left out the almond flavoring, though as we are not fans of that.
Jun 18, 2014
I love this recipe, and have made it several times. The almond extract is a brilliant addition.
Apr 30, 2014
Excellent flavor I had to substitute flour for the tapioca as I was out. It is a very sweet pie. One could cut back on the sugar.