Peach Crumble Bars
My favorite way to enjoy these bars is to eat one while sitting on the porch with an iced tea in hand. Make them for any occasion; they will be gobbled up quickly. —Ally Billhorn, Wilton, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches (about 20 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, brown sugar and salt until blended; beat in flour until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; toss with peaches. Spread over crust; sprinkle with pecans. Top with reserved topping.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.