Peach Crumble Bars
My favorite way to enjoy these bars is to eat them while sitting on the porch with iced tea in hand. Make them for any occasion as they will be gobbled up quickly. —Ally Billhorn, Wilton, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches (about 20 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, brown sugar and salt until blended; beat in flour until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; toss with peaches. Spread over crust; sprinkle with pecans. Top with reserved topping.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 332 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Pecan Peach Crumble Bars in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018