Streusel Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream. Pour over peaches; toss to combine. Place in crust. Bake 35 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over outer edges of pie, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, covering edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 365 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 7, 2012
Everyone at work loved this and asked for the recipe.
Sep 4, 2012
Pie was good. As others said, the center of my crust did not completely bake. Think I will try a graham cracker or pecan crust next time:)
Sep 3, 2012
great recipe my family enjoy it a lot
Jun 24, 2012
I prebaked the pie crust for fifteen minutes and it was still a bit raw in the center. Next time I'll bake it until it's light brown, then add the filling and topping, covering the edges to prevent them from burning. The reason being that the filling is very watery and makes the crust soggy and doughy. I will also add a teaspoon of cornstarch to the flour mixture, hoping it thickens the filling a bit. Delicious otherwise. My mother used to make a similar pie recipe.
Jun 2, 2012
I've never made a peach pie before....it is CUSTOMARY to put an egg in the filling? I certainly never do with cherry or apple pies. Just wondering.
Jun 2, 2012
This was so delicious. I had a hard time not eating all by myself.
Aug 24, 2011
This was great! We are lucky enough to have fresh milk, eggs and peaches from the tree. It was creamy and smooth, not too much sweet. I did add a tsp of Almond Extract - perfect!! Thanks from a fellow Michigander!!
Aug 13, 2011
I was short on time and used a graham cracker crumb crust and it was excellent.
Jun 17, 2011
Liked the taste & texture. Next time I think I would cut down on the cinnamon alittle bit.
Nov 28, 2010
This is an outstanding peach pie! Super good either warm or cold. It has turned out perfect everytime. I have never had a problem with it setting up or anything! Best peach pie recipe ever!!!