Chocolate Swirled Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 cups Daisy 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 16 wafers)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place cottage cheese in strainer; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); wrap foil securely around pan. Coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Press crushed wafers onto bottom and 1 in. up sides.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, process drained cottage cheese until smooth. Add cream cheese, sugar and salt; process until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in vanilla, eggs and egg white. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour plain batter into crust. Drop chocolate batter by spoonfuls over plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, about 40 minutes. Turn off oven; open door slightly. Cool cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife; cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. If desired, top with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 187 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Mar 1, 2020
This cheesecake tasted good, but I felt it need more height and filling. Of course, that would also increase the ingredients as well as the fat and calorie content, but the end result would have been more to my liking. For a lower fat, lower calorie dessert it was quite good however.
Feb 2, 2014
This cake is amazing!! I have been making it for years; it is very good, creamy. It was my go to recipe for quite awhile. It may be a little time consuming for some, but completely worth it!!