Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 large eggs, divided use
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Separate two eggs, putting each white in a separate bowl (discard yolks or save for another use); set aside. In a small bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in the whole egg, one egg white and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the second egg white. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Parkay Light stick margarine.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 172 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Apr 17, 2018
I don’t see how this recipe can be called diabetic-friendly.
Feb 10, 2018
I took these to a meeting and they were a huge hit. Very moist. As another reviewer said, next time I may double the brownie part because it was a lot of cream cheese. I used butter and full fat cream cheese.
Jan 19, 2018
Melt in your mouth good!
Jan 19, 2018
I did not rate it because I have not tried them yet. I wondered what the asterisk on the butter ingredient is supposed to mean... Can't wait to try them!
Jan 19, 2018
I made these for my Temple and they were a big hit. Will make agree again
Dec 22, 2017
Has anyone tried these with Splenda?
Sep 12, 2017
Sep 12, 2016
Great recipe, I think next time I will double to brownie batter but not the cream cheese and use a larger pan. Defiantly worth making
Jun 27, 2016
Made these brownies with my kids for fiances bday and we all really enjoyed them. They are very soft and good warm too. I enjoyed them best after keeping them in the fridge overnight and then letting them sit out to become room temperature. (Very moist). My kids enjoyed them best warm out of the oven. I ended up using regular butter and cream cheese( not low fat) and they were good. ( what I had on hand) Next time I'll try with low fat ingredients. Also only had an 8x8 pan so that's what I used. I just cooked them like 10 min longer. Still came out fine
Jun 26, 2016
Just like the other reviews have stated these brownies are easy and very good! Moist and soft with great taste and will be making these often.