Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° until set, 6-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and zest. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon zest. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 260 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 26, 2018
I love this cheesecake recipe.
Jan 25, 2017
Absolutely delicious. So fresh and lemony. I used regular cream cheese and ginger snaps for the crust. I made it a few days ahead and it was just outstanding.
Mar 19, 2016
I used full fat cream cheese & one of those store-bought shortbread crusts in the aluminum tins. Still turned out awesome. Same cooking time. I discovered (by careless accident) that it also turns out great if you forget the eggs. The cake was a hit with the family.
Nov 8, 2014
MADE THIS RECIPE LAST WEEKEND AND LIKE MOST CHEESECAKES IT GETS BETTER WITH AGE. I DIDN'T DO THE LITE VERSION LOVE MY CREAM CHEESE TOO MUCH. WHAT I DID DIFFERENTY WAS I DIDN'T WRAP FOIL AROUND THE PAN AND I PLACED A BAKING PAN WITH HOT WATER IN IT ON THE SECOND RACK IN MY OVEN. LEARNED FROM EXPERIANCE CRUST GOES SOGGY THE OTHER WAY. OTHER THEN THAT A FANTASTIC RECIPE. DEPENDING ON YOUR OVEN COOKING TIME MAY VARY. THANKS! ANNE
Nov 12, 2013
Mjummm, it sounds delicious!!! I love lemon and creamcheese and now thery're combined on a delicious way! Thanks for sharing your lovely recvipe! Byerbye. :-) :-) :-)
May 31, 2012
Very good refreshing recipe. Next time I will omit the lemon zest from the filling. A little too much lemon. Otherwise very good. Also takes longer to make than recipe states.
Dec 27, 2011
I think this is my favorite cheesecake ever. Be sure and make it ahead of time. My husband and I think it is even better the second day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.