Creamy Crab Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + chilling
Makes20-24 appetizer servings
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Additional seafood seasoning, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of the greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce and pepper; beat just until blended. Fold in crab. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Spread remaining sour cream over top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let cheesecake stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 114 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2012
I have made this delicious crab cheesecake for the holidays. Print up some copies of the recipe since you will be asked for it many times. I use Ritz in the crust as well as a spreadable cracker at the gathering. Oooh, it is so good like Mr. Food aslways said.
Dec 7, 2011
I made this appetizer cheesecake to take to a Christmas last Saturday and it was wonderful. I had a lot of request for the recipe and I plan to make it two more times.
Jul 2, 2010
My family goes crabbing several times throughout the year and I am always looking for new ways to use the crab. Crab cheesecake sounded kind of weird to me and I had this recipe for years before I finally decided to make it. I took this cheesecake to a BBQ and everyone raved! It was so good. Glad I decided to make it!
Mar 18, 2010
I made this for a new years eve party and got great responses. It was wonderful.