Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 55 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and zest. Refrigerate cheesecake and sauce overnight. Serve sauce over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 349 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 22, 2013
i love anything with lemon and who does't love cheesecake. this recipe is a true winner for both. i plan to serve at the next pot luck at work. i know that i will be asked for the recipe.
Apr 22, 2011
My son convinced me to make it for a family gathering. I thought it sounded good. It was delicious and a big hit!
May 7, 2010
Love this recipe! We make it every year for family gatherings.
Sep 15, 2009
My mouth is watering now. Thischeesecake sounds absolutley delicious. It is a must try.Sue in Chilliwack, BC