Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 55 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and zest. Refrigerate cheesecake and sauce overnight. Serve sauce over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 349 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 22, 2013
i love anything with lemon and who does't love cheesecake. this recipe is a true winner for both. i plan to serve at the next pot luck at work. i know that i will be asked for the recipe.
Apr 22, 2011
My son convinced me to make it for a family gathering. I thought it sounded good. It was delicious and a big hit!
May 7, 2010
Love this recipe! We make it every year for family gatherings.
Sep 15, 2009
My mouth is watering now. Thischeesecake sounds absolutley delicious. It is a must try.Sue in Chilliwack, BC
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.