Golden-Glazed Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Fresh raspberries
- Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Place pan on a wire rack (leave oven on).
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla just until blended. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, in a small heavy saucepan, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Add food coloring if desired. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread glaze over cheesecake; garnish with raspberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 357 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 19, 2015
My mouth started watering before I even made this. It was heavenly :-)
Sep 5, 2014
My family loves anything lemon. This cheesecake is the 'bomb'! Not only does it satisfy the lemon lover in you, it's a show stopper!
Aug 29, 2011
MY 1ST CHEESECAKE. IT CAME OUT WOUNDERFUL. THANK YOU!!!