Golden-Glazed Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Fresh raspberries
- Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Place pan on a wire rack (leave oven on).
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla just until blended. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, in a small heavy saucepan, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Add food coloring if desired. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread glaze over cheesecake; garnish with raspberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 357 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 19, 2015
My mouth started watering before I even made this. It was heavenly :-)
Sep 5, 2014
My family loves anything lemon. This cheesecake is the 'bomb'! Not only does it satisfy the lemon lover in you, it's a show stopper!
Aug 29, 2011
MY 1ST CHEESECAKE. IT CAME OUT WOUNDERFUL. THANK YOU!!!