Glazed Lemon Flute Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 283 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2019
I started making this exact cake in 1966. A lady in my church told me the recipe from out of her car window after a Sunday homecoming lunch. She had made it for the dessert table. She called it "Dump Cake." I haven't changed it one iota. It is and always will be a family favorite. Each time I make it now it brings back memories of those easy southern traditions that kept us together in Greenville, SC as a community of caring people.
Apr 3, 2015
Delicious! I used applesauce for half the oil, and it still tastes rich, although slightly heavier than your usual cake from a mix. I used a French Vanilla cake mix (that's what I had on hand), and then needed to add in about half a teaspoon of lemon extract. I also used milk instead of water ( why not add a little more nutrition, right?) I did not make the glaze.I made a "trial cake", then decided to make it exactly the same for Easter dinner.
Jul 16, 2014
Is the glaze supposed to melt and run off?
May 15, 2014
Making it now with applesauce instead of oil and sugar free jello mix. ( diabetic ) worked out just fine! Really super moist. Will be making this again for sure!!!!
May 9, 2013
Has anyone tried using half applesauce in place of half canola oil?
Oct 21, 2011
A really delicious, moist lemon cake that looks pretty too. Found this recipe in the spring and made it for the first time...have made it at least 6 times since. Everyone just loves it...even people who aren't real lemon lovers. And it's so easy to make...you can make it at the spur of the moment with things you usually have in your pantry.
Oct 18, 2011
Would I make this again?? I have ...several times. As a matter of fact, it's been requested over and over again.
Sep 27, 2010
I made this 2 times the week I found the recipe & have made it since. So moist...and even the non-lemon fans in my home at it up. Keeper for sure!
Aug 31, 2010
Moist and delicious. Perfect receipe! No changes required. Will definitely make again.