Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 434 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
I love this recipe! So good! I did however follow the original recipe which uses 1/2 cup butter instead of 1/3 - and for the glaze it used 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Using this for the glaze creates just that - more of a glaze instead of frosting. Next time I might try quantities somewhere in between. Also, as others have recommended, I added additional lemon zest to the cake. Just wonderful!
May 28, 2018
Great pound cake! Looking forward to having extra blueberries so I can make this again.
May 21, 2018
Cake was delicious. Everyone loved it..
Apr 9, 2018
Absolutely wonderful! Made for coworker's birthday and it was a hit. Will make again.
Mar 26, 2018
Delicious! I will definitely be making this again!! Thanks for sharing a truly great recipe!
Mar 1, 2018
This turned out really well! I loved the use of lemon yogurt - adds flavor and makes it moist! I also loved that this cake has a glaze, which makes it so pretty! This would make a great brunch cake or a nice dessert.
Apr 15, 2017
Made this cake today baked it for 50 mins recipe calls for 55. Came out a little over done. I think the baking time is much too long for a bundt cake. Might work if your making a loaf. Still tastes good but a little on the dry side. Next time I will cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Apr 4, 2017
I'm planning on making this cake for Easter this year. Have never made it before. Has anyone tried to make it ahead of time and freeze it until needed? Basing my rating on previously submitted.
Sep 24, 2016
If you are lucky enough to obtain fresh huckleberries to substitute for the blueberries in this cake, it is absolutely divine. I cut this recipe out of the Taste of Home magazine several years ago, and the glaze is different than written online. The recipe in the magazine calls for twice the amount of lemon juice, which makes for a very thin runny glaze, which you brush onto the cake while still warm so it soaks in. It makes a delicious "crust" over the entire cake which is so good.
Aug 7, 2016
It was my husband's turn to take treats to the office. I so wanted to cut into the cake to make sure that this recipe was a winner but I didn't want to "vandalize" the cake so sent it with him and crossed my fingers. He liked it and received several complements on it. So...I'll make it again this coming weekend when we have 5 couples over for an evening. Blueberries and lemon are such a good complement to one another!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.