Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the egg, sugar, lemon peel and milk; mix well. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 5, 2013
I've made a very similar recipe before. This never disappoints. Nice flavor, quick and easy.
Jan 23, 2012
I have been making this delicious/easy coffee cake for years! I am making it for a staff recognition at school tomorrow and forgot the recipe at home.... I was thrilled to find it online so I can make sure I have all the ingredients! Please try it, you won't be disappointed :)