Lemon Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in milk. Add dry cake mix and eggs; beat until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 14, 2016
Yum! The kids love it.
Oct 30, 2015
I followed this recipe exactly. I think this recipe is for a smaller pan as there is little height to the cake. I will not make this cake again.
Mar 7, 2013
Yes I make this again and again, it is fast, easy and when you are looking for a short cut and in a hurry, you can't beat using a cake mix as a base to pound cakes, cookies or cup cakes. Thank you for sharing and I will pass this along to my family and friends. Happy baking any time of the year.
Mar 3, 2012
This was very good, but I wanted more lemon flavour... Next time I would add a tsp of lemon extract and maybe some zest too to the batter. I made a lemon glaze for this, 1 c of icing sugar with a few T of milk to the right consistency, as well as 1/2 a t of lemon extract... All in all a nice moist cake, very good.
Nov 14, 2011
I have used this recipe several times and really enjoy it. Sometimes I used yellow or other flavor of cake.
Apr 9, 2009
This recipe seems to be so easy. This is just what I was looking for as a desert for Easter dinner. But I am thinking of adding a lemony glaze on top.