Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperture
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat egg whites, egg, yogurt, honey, oil, lemon zest and extract until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into yogurt mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; top with blueberries and almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle marmalade over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack; serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 250 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 2, 2019
I baked this Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake this morning in a well-oiled 12-inch cast iron skillet; reduced baking time to 25 minutes...otherwise, followed the recipe to a tee and wow, it turned out so good. Shared with co-workers and we all give it a thumbs-up, five star rating. Thank you, Roxanne Chan for sharing and thanks again to Taste of Home for posting with such a beautiful photo!