Citrus Cornmeal Cake
Cornmeal adds a rustic quality to this delicate dessert flavored with citrus and almond. It’s sure to be a staple in your recipe collection and also makes a great holiday party hostess gift. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat the yogurt, honey, oil, egg, egg whites and extract until well blended. Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; gradually beat into yogurt mixture until blended. Stir in orange zest.
- Pour into prepared pan. Arrange oranges over batter; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, .25-30 minutesCool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 240 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 29, 2019
Would love to save this recipe but there are obviously ingredients missing. Please resend.
Jan 11, 2011
This is a wonderful mix of sweet & savory...even my husband liked it!