Citrus Mini Cakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toasted chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill well-greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and juices until smooth. Cool cakes for 2 minutes; remove from pans. Immediately dip cakes into glaze, coating well. Place top down on wire racks; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 131 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2018
Added chopped maraschino cherries and some cherry juice to white cake mix. Made them for a baby shower. People really liked them. Also used cherry juice in the glaze.
Oct 21, 2018
These tiny treats are simple to make. For a fall themed party I used spice cake mix
Feb 7, 2010
these are so good, and easy. no one can eat just one.. have made them many times.
Jan 14, 2010
I absolutely loved these mini cakes! They were like mini glazed donuts. I am already thinking of varieties other than citrus. These are remarkably a favorite!