Mini Rum Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 individual round sponge cakes
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; stir in extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Place sponge cakes on dessert plates; top with pudding. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 238 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 3, 2014
My 10 year old picked this recipe to try making dessert. I think it's an excellent recipe for beginners, however she was the only one in the house who liked it. Might have been better without the store-bought sponge cakes, but I won't make again.
Feb 18, 2013
This is quick and easy to make, but not outstanding in taste, even after I brushed rum on the cakes. I probably won't make it again.
Mar 20, 2011
Simple. Delicious with strawberries or rasberries.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.