Chocolate Rum Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm rum. Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, separating layers with waxed paper.
Nutrition Facts1 rum ball: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2019
Fantastic! I was looking for different variation to the chocolate rum balls I make. I came across this recipe that is not the typical no-bake, super-sweet version. The cream cheese in this offsets the sugar for a perfect balance. I normally roll mine in walnuts, but love the Oreo crumbs!
Dec 18, 2013
Taste good, also played around with the recipe have made them with nuts,cherries etc just keep trying different things I do as my family is all different, but I will make these again as I like them