Chocolate Rum Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm rum. Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, separating layers with waxed paper.
Nutrition Facts1 rum ball: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2013
Taste good, also played around with the recipe have made them with nuts,cherries etc just keep trying different things I do as my family is all different, but I will make these again as I like them