Mini Chocolate Wafer Cakes
I first made these cakes for a friend when I lived in the dorms at college and had no access to appliances. Little did I know I would be making them 20 years later for my children! —Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 chocolate wafers
- Chocolate syrup
- Heart-shaped sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, cocoa, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Arrange eight wafers on the bottom of a foil-lined 9-in. square baking pan. Spoon or pipe about 2 tablespoons cream mixture onto each. Repeat layers twice, making eight stacks. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, transfer to dessert plates. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; top with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 251 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2013