Chocolate Molten Cakes
Be prepared to swoon once you dip into this indulgent flourless cake and warm chocolate oozes from its center. This is Kristin Page’s favorite dessert on the menu at La Boucherie. Try it, and you’ll understand why.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 6 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with 2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle sides and bottoms of each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar; set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon-colored. With a spatula, fold half of the egg mixture into chocolate mixture just until blended. Fold in remaining egg mixture.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around sides of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 877 calories, 68g fat (39g saturated fat), 359mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 7g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.