Mini Blueberry Bundt Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- LEMON ICING:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Additional blueberries, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into three 4-in. fluted tube pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and lemon juice; drizzle over cakes. Garnish with additional berries if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 9, 2016
I came here to find out if anyone had tried doubling this recipe for a large Bundt pan since I don't own the mini size pans. Jho1 asked the same question, so I tried it and I found that doubling the recipe was a perfect amount of batter for a 7-cup tube pan. Years ago, my sister-in-law gave me one of those fancy tube pans in the shape of a blooming rose and I love it, but I think of it as an odd size so I haven't used it much. This recipe turned out beautifully in the rose pan and the glaze looked gorgeous pooling in the "petals." It was delicious too! For a regular 12-cup Bundt pan, I recommend tripling the recipe. Thank you, Cathy, for a lovely recipe that is perfect for a cake pan I've been wanting to use more often!
Jun 25, 2011
These mini cakes are great, moist and very flavorful, a hit every time I make them, the icing gives just the right amount of sweetness.
Jan 14, 2010
Question: Would ingred amounts be enough to bake in one regular bundt pan, & if so, what would baking time be?
Aug 1, 2008
I have made this 3 times so far this summer and it's a Hit!