Mini Blueberry Bundt Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- LEMON ICING:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Additional blueberries, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into three 4-in. fluted tube pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and lemon juice; drizzle over cakes. Garnish with additional berries if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jun 9, 2016
I came here to find out if anyone had tried doubling this recipe for a large Bundt pan since I don't own the mini size pans. Jho1 asked the same question, so I tried it and I found that doubling the recipe was a perfect amount of batter for a 7-cup tube pan. Years ago, my sister-in-law gave me one of those fancy tube pans in the shape of a blooming rose and I love it, but I think of it as an odd size so I haven't used it much. This recipe turned out beautifully in the rose pan and the glaze looked gorgeous pooling in the "petals." It was delicious too! For a regular 12-cup Bundt pan, I recommend tripling the recipe. Thank you, Cathy, for a lovely recipe that is perfect for a cake pan I've been wanting to use more often!
Jun 25, 2011
These mini cakes are great, moist and very flavorful, a hit every time I make them, the icing gives just the right amount of sweetness.
Jan 14, 2010
Question: Would ingred amounts be enough to bake in one regular bundt pan, & if so, what would baking time be?
Aug 1, 2008
I have made this 3 times so far this summer and it's a Hit!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.