Blueberry Crunch Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in the butter until crumbly. Set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with two-thirds of the reserved crumb mixture. Top with blueberries and remaining batter and crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 407 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2019
This was delish! I made it with the ingredients and amounts as indicated in the recipe with the exception that I only had 1% milk so I substituted about 2 Tbs. heavy whipping cream to make the 3/4 cup milk. Not sure if it would have made much of a difference if I had just used only the 1% milk. At 50 minutes, the cake was over browned on the top, so next time I will set the timer for 45 minutes and check the doneness, and if need be lay a piece of foil over it towards the end of baking to prevent over browning. The cake was still moist inside, and in my (and my family's) opinion was not too sweet. I also cut out a parchment paper circle for the bottom of the springform pan.
Jun 11, 2013
This cake is delicious !!! Will definitely make this again ! I didn't have the springform pan so I baked it in a bunt pan for 50 mins ,worked good !
Oct 9, 2011
This is a fabulous cake I take to share with others and usually have to give the recipe. I do, however, reduce the brown sugar a bit and also the 3/4 to 1/2 c sugar in the cake. Also makes a great breakfast cake this way because it's not too sweet.
Sep 11, 2010
This cake is delicious. Thank you for this great recipe.