Cranberry Crunch Cake
New Jersey is known for its cranberries, and this cake is a delicious way to use them. The marshmallows melt and seep through the cake, making it moist and very tasty. It’s great for brunch or just with a cup of coffee! —Adelaide Krumm, Manasquan, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and vanilla to egg mixture. Fold in cranberries. Spread batter in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows; press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Crunch Cake in Country October/November 1990
Mar 25, 2018
This cake is awesome! This moist cake with the combination of the cranberries, marshmallows and nuts is unbeatable!!
Mar 22, 2017
I don't have a review I would like to know if this is fresh cranberries.