Coconut Blueberry Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Gradually add water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice. Cut cake into squares; drizzle with lemon sauce.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 272 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 25, 2015
company loves this cake and asked to make it for covered dish parties.
Jul 14, 2015
Me and my granddaughter made this ,every one loved it.
Feb 12, 2013
I skipped the lemon sauce, and the cake is still delicious! The flavor of the blueberries really comes through. I would add grated lemon rind and a little lemon juice to the cake next time if not using the sauce.
Jul 28, 2011
Fav summer cake! Sauce balances the sweetness of the cake perfectly :)
Feb 27, 2011
Great coffe cake. Everyone at work loved it.
Jul 16, 2010
Very good! Moist and delicious, I will be making this again.
Mar 8, 2009
This cake is so good, coconut, lemon and blueberries it can't get any better than that.
Jan 1, 2009
wow i never thought of putting coconut and blueberrys together but it looks great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.