Coconut Apple Cake
I like to share this cake with friends and neighbors. Serve it plain, frost it or top with whipped cream.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a bowl, beat eggs, and sugar; add oil, vanilla and orange juice. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in apples, nuts and coconut. Turn into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 462 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Apple Cake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.