Coconut Apple Cake
I like to share this cake with friends and neighbors. Serve it plain, frost it or top with whipped cream.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a bowl, beat eggs, and sugar; add oil, vanilla and orange juice. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in apples, nuts and coconut. Turn into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
1 piece: 462 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 5, 2014
Aug 12, 2008
Was a snap to make. It turned out moist and real good flavor!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC