Blueberry Loaf Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 170 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2017
Amazing I love it.
Apr 5, 2015
Very good, I am not much of a baker and this turned out perfect. I added fresh raspberries as well as the blueberries. I have an allergy to cinnamon so I just used brown sugar on top and it came out perfect! Much better eaten hot, my boyfriend love it!
Aug 9, 2014
added a pinch of salt, melted and cooled butter and added 1/4 c flour
May 25, 2014
Love Love love this. Was easy to make and was so good I made another one the next day
May 7, 2014
this was a big hit at my home, the topping make it a extra hit
Mar 19, 2014
Delicious. Very moist and easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness.
Dec 11, 2012
I found this to be very easy to make and great tasting. My only addition to the recipe was a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. That's just something passed down from my mom. I love this and it gets great reviews. Making my second loaf in a week!
Jul 23, 2012
followed recipe except I added 1/2 cup more blueberries only because I love a lot of berries in my recipes - Came out perfect everyone loved it ! Thank U
Jun 27, 2012
Made this the other day and was very disappointed. It tastes like there is something missing from the recipe. The only thing that gives this a two star rating is the fact that it is very moist. My hubby said it was "OK" and I think he was just being nice. I found several recipes that I liked better online but the ingredients were in metric and I was afraid to try converting them. After making this I wish I had tried one of those other recipes.
Oct 10, 2011
I first tried this recipe for a 4th of July party about 5 years ago. It turned out so well that I make it at least twice during the summer, for church bake sales, and for my father-in-law who requests it very often!