Blueberry Loaf Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 170 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 13, 2017
Amazing I love it.
Apr 5, 2015
Very good, I am not much of a baker and this turned out perfect. I added fresh raspberries as well as the blueberries. I have an allergy to cinnamon so I just used brown sugar on top and it came out perfect! Much better eaten hot, my boyfriend love it!
Aug 9, 2014
added a pinch of salt, melted and cooled butter and added 1/4 c flour
May 25, 2014
Love Love love this. Was easy to make and was so good I made another one the next day
May 7, 2014
this was a big hit at my home, the topping make it a extra hit
Mar 19, 2014
Delicious. Very moist and easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness.
Dec 11, 2012
I found this to be very easy to make and great tasting. My only addition to the recipe was a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. That's just something passed down from my mom. I love this and it gets great reviews. Making my second loaf in a week!
Jul 23, 2012
followed recipe except I added 1/2 cup more blueberries only because I love a lot of berries in my recipes - Came out perfect everyone loved it ! Thank U
Jun 27, 2012
Made this the other day and was very disappointed. It tastes like there is something missing from the recipe. The only thing that gives this a two star rating is the fact that it is very moist. My hubby said it was "OK" and I think he was just being nice. I found several recipes that I liked better online but the ingredients were in metric and I was afraid to try converting them. After making this I wish I had tried one of those other recipes.
Oct 10, 2011
I first tried this recipe for a 4th of July party about 5 years ago. It turned out so well that I make it at least twice during the summer, for church bake sales, and for my father-in-law who requests it very often!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.