Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Why wait for the ice cream truck? This dessert tastes just like the iconic strawberry shortcake ice cream bar. It's a perfect combination of strawberries, cream and crunch. —Lisa Kaminski, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (1 ounce) freeze-dried strawberries, coarsely crushed
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Line a 9x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm.
- Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 584 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cak in Fast Track 2019