Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake
This recipe was featured in this tasteofhome.com article: https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/strawberry-shortcake-ice-cream-cake/ Instead of Golden Oreos, you can use Nilla wafers, graham crackers, shortbread cookies, etc. If you want more strawberry flavor, stir crumbled freeze-dried strawberries into your strawberry ice cream.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (1 ounce) freeze-dried strawberries, coarsely crushed [ST: please record volume (before crushing) in your notes. pw]
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Line a 9x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm.
- Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Originally published as Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cak in Fruity Frozen Treats Recipes Slideshow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.