Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Why wait for the ice cream truck? This dessert tastes just like the iconic strawberry shortcake ice cream bar. It's a perfect combination of strawberries, cream and crunch. —Lisa Kaminski, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (1 ounce) freeze-dried strawberries, coarsely crushed
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Line a 9x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm.
- Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Test Kitchen tips