Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 44 miniature chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping, divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- Crush 25 cookies; set remaining cookies aside. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3/4 cup hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; spread over crust. Arrange reserved cookies around the edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Warm remaining hot fudge topping; drizzle over top.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 9, 2013
We are a gluten free household and this recipe translated beautifully for my daughter's birthday. We used a gluten free double chocolate cookie and made sure the hot fudge and ice creams were gluten free.It was very easy to make, absolutely delicious, and didn't last beyond the day it was served! My daughter loved it so much she immediately requested for her next birthday which is coming up soon. I've also made this around Christmas as a festive alternative to regular GF cakes which rarely turn out very good.Thank you for such a nice recipe. Highly recommended!
Aug 26, 2012
If I was going to make this again I think I would pick more exciting ice cream flavors... like coffee or peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie dough, but it was still very easy to make and impressive looking
Mar 25, 2012
Oct 12, 2011
Made this for my husband's birthday, he really liked it. I made my chocolate chip cookies from scratch.
May 20, 2010
my son wanted an ice cream cake for his birthday, so I made this. It was super simple and a big hit.
Oct 26, 2009
Very good. Nice to make ahead of time
Jul 18, 2009
This is great! Looks so good everyone thought it was store bought!
Jul 14, 2009
This is a great dessert and very easy to make! Even just using a generic brand of chocolate chip cookies it was really good. :) Will definitely make it again!
Feb 5, 2009
oh my my my =) WONDERFUL. I used a bag of chips ahoy mini cookies, Hershey's dark fudge ice cream topping with vanilla and chocolate ice creams and a final layer of cool whip on top drizzled with a bit of decorative hershey's syrup in a glass 9x13. This recipe is FANTASTIC and you can mix the cookies, fudge and ice creams for your own personal favorites! Even the non-dessert people (weirdo's=) haha) loved it!
Apr 18, 2008
When will I buy hot fudge toppings? I'm in the Philippines.