Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake
This recipe was featured in this tasteofhome.com article: https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/strawberry-shortcake-ice-cream-cake/ Instead of Golden Oreos, you can use Nilla wafers, graham crackers, shortbread cookies, etc. If you want more strawberry flavor, stir crumbled freeze-dried strawberries into your strawberry ice cream.
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (1 ounce) freeze-dried strawberries, coarsely crushed [ST: please record volume (before crushing) in your notes. pw]
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Line a 9x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm.
- 3. Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC