Strawberry Banana Split Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes. Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 15, 2017
I make this every spring and it always brings great compliments!
Sep 3, 2013
Everyone seems to love this.It is very easy to make
Mar 26, 2013
Delicious! I did add grated chocolate on top with the nuts.
Jun 3, 2012
We have been eating this since 2000. It's great in the summer.
Jul 8, 2011
Amazing!!! This is one of the best summer desserts I've ever tried. I made it for a family picnic and everyone raved and begged me for the recipe. The only change I made was to add 6 oz of cream cheese to the butter mixture. Cannot wait to make this again
May 22, 2011
This recipe brought back awesome memories of my mother-in-law. Many years ago we would go out every Friday night for a fish fry at a little diner and we always topped off our dinner with a piece of banana split cake. The waitresses would even save us a piece if they were about to run out! I wish she were still on earth so I could surprise her with this cake. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.
Dec 3, 2010
What's a banana split without chocolate. Used chocolate ice box cookies for the crust. Yummie
Jun 21, 2010
This is one of my family's favorite recipes! When fresh strawberrys are not in season, I use strawberry glaze instead. It's a very nice cool tropical tasting treat! 5 star recipe!
Jun 9, 2010
This is our familys favorite summertime recipe. I usually have to make two and there's never any leftovers.
May 28, 2009
This cake was awesome-after preparing the filling it didn't look like it would be enough but if your crust is chilled and you use a butter knife to spread it, it works great!!! Made for a birthday party for my Mom and we scarfed it up. Thanks for sharing this recipe.Jill Morgan, Marysville OH