Banana Split Brownie Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) fudge brownies
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 3 large firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Arrange brownies in a greased 9-in. springform pan, cutting to fit and filling in small holes. Spread with strawberry ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Arrange bananas over ice cream, cutting to fit as needed. Spread with fudge topping and vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover tightly and freeze overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 487 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 5, 2016
This was super easy to make and so yummy. I made the brownie from a store bought brownie mix in the springform pan. I used walnuts rather than pecans, but followed all other instruction. I will definitely be making this again.
Apr 5, 2015
This cake is pretty & delicious, great for company or a birthday. Top with whipped cream. Used a dark choc brownie mix. Doubled up some foil to make a ring around the top of the pan so all ingredients would fit. Walnuts were requested, I left them nice & chunky. The bananas stay frozen enrobed in the gooey chocolate fudge. So good. You could easily change the flavors to suit your taste. Make it ahead of time, store it in the freezer. Everyone loves ice cream & this is super easy. Am so glad I found it. Keeper.
Nov 2, 2014
This is a great frozen dessert. So pretty and nice that is can be made ahead. I used a brownie mix for a 9 X 13 pan and baked it in the spring form pan as another recommended. It makes enough for 2 cakes that way so be sure to have double the ingredients on hand. I used all strawberry ice cream for extra flavor and put a thin layer of cool whip on top. Everyone loved it!
Apr 13, 2014
This cake recipe has bananas, fudge brownies, hot fudge sauce and strawberry ice cream.
Aug 13, 2013
This is amazing! Instead of strawberry ice cream I used cherry ice cream - wonderful! This is a great summer birthday cake.
Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013
Oct 11, 2012
This recipe is very easy to make. I made this for a group event we hosted in the summer and it was gone in no time.
Sep 28, 2012
This dessert always gets compliments. Everybody loves it! I baked the brownie layer from a mix right in the springform pan. Worked great! I'll do this one again and again!
Apr 9, 2012
Made this for Easter and the family loved it, along with a new york style crumb cake from http://www.crumbcakecreations.com. Both were incredibly well received by my nephews! They've loved bananas since as long as I can remember I'd recommend both for Mothers Day!