Banana Split Icebox Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: Chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag. Transfer pudding mixture to bag.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange 4 crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup banana slices. Repeat layers 5 times. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and additional banana slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 5, 2017
Banana splits is my husbands favorite treat. My family loved this desert. I personally thought it was pretty good (4 stars), but I'm more of a cookie person and don't normally go for these types of desserts. However, my family raved and it was easy to make, so I'll be making this again. I used coconut instant pudding instead of vanilla which was tasty. I also ended up using a lot more bananas than the recipe called for. I made this in 9x9 foil disposable pan which allowed me to make 3 layers and I used a total of 5 bananas to cover all the layers and top my cake.
Aug 7, 2014
Show stopping dessert at parties!
Jul 23, 2014
so good and really really easy. thank you so much
Jul 13, 2014
Made it using chocolate grahams crackers (can never have to much chocolate!) and was awesome!
Jul 3, 2014
It is wonderful. Serve it first, because you will have finished your meal. Have you heard " Eat dessert first:Life is short. moonbeam36
May 11, 2014
I made this for my family and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and a couple of them even wanted seconds. It is a very nice alternative to baking something when it is hot outside. I followed the recipe exactly and it was very easy to put together. I will definitely be making this again.
Aug 30, 2013
I made this for my office potluck for pre-labor day and it was devoured in no time! It is very easy to make also!
May 14, 2013
Great recipe and is very similar to the Ice Box Cake recipe that we have used for years at Christmas with chocolate wafers instead of graham crackers! So happy to have found this one to use for the summer months.
Mar 9, 2013
Love this recipe anytime of year, very easy to prepare in under 30 minutes except refrigeration time. Very yummy, lots of compliments!
Oct 8, 2012
Very delicious but have to eat fast because it gets really dry fast