Ice Cream Birthday Cake
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + freezing
- 4 cups birthday cake-flavored ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened if necessary
- 1 funfetti cake mix (regular size)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. round pan with plastic wrap. Spread ice cream into pan. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes if domed. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Invert ice cream onto cake layer; remove plastic wrap. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Decorate with sprinkles as desired. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 374 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
May 30, 2018
This is not ANYTHING like a DQ ice cream cake. I have decorated cakes at my local DQ for more than 15 years and they are made of a layer of chocolate ice cream, cold fudge and cookie crunch in the middle, then a layer of vanilla ice cream on top. No actual cake. Not ice cream in the middle. Not whipped topping as icing. Shame on you, Taste of Home, for lumping this under the “Copycat” title just so you could include DQ in the tagline.
Dec 21, 2017
Mar 3, 2017
Looks delicious, can't wait to try out this recipe!
Aug 6, 2015
Really easy to make :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.