Mini Blueberry Tarts
I served this recipe to my family while we were on vacation and they were all amazed! The best part: I didn't spend tons of time on it thanks to refrigerated pie crust. Watch your mini tarts around the 13-minute mark to make sure they don't brown too quickly. If you like, sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar for a beautiful finishing touch.—Allison Bell, Hillsdale, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes6 mini tarts
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. Crush half of the blueberries. Sift together sugar and cornstarch. Add whole and crushed blueberries; toss until berries are well coated. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crusts. Cut out six 4-1/2-in. circles; press circles onto bottoms and up sides of greased muffin cups. Evenly spoon in blueberry mixture. Cut out six 2-in. circles from remaining crust; place over filling. Brush with yolk.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling bubbles, 13-17 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; run a knife around sides of muffin cups and remove tarts to a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 mini tart: 383 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mini Blueberry Tarts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.