Little Amaretto Loaf Cakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
Makes4 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour four 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, water, amaretto, oil and melted butter until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, water and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto.
- Remove cakes from oven; cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Pour glaze over cakes while in pans; let stand until glaze is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pans. Store cooled cakes, covered, in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 217 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 16, 2019
I was wondering can I use one loaf pan instead of making mini loaves.
Nov 19, 2018
So I changed things up a little bit. Instead of loaves, I used silicone dome baking pans so I had little bite size dome cakes. I also made twice the amount of glaze (but decreased the sugar content a little). I literally dipped and then re-dipped the domes in the glaze and then put them on a rack to drain. I was going for an actual soak as I found the cake area that was hit by the glaze to be dry in comparison to the one that had been brushed with it. I toasted additional sliced almonds and then gave them a light chop. I sprinkled them in the bottom of indv dishes and then topped with the well soaked domes. Complete success and everyone ate them up (I should have made more...
Oct 10, 2017
Wow! what a great recipe you have posted here on this web portal. Kindly saying awesome.Keep doing such a nice post. It really helps us to taste new delicious. Thanks for it.http://cake-delivery.in/kotahttp://cake-delivery.in/varanasihttp://cake-delivery.in/ranchihttp://cake-delivery.in/ghaziabadhttp://cake-delivery.in/mumbai
Mar 8, 2017
Delicious and very moist
Feb 12, 2014
very good. although the syrup ran over and made a mess.