Little Amaretto Loaf Cakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
Makes4 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour four 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, water, amaretto, oil and melted butter until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, water and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto.
- Remove cakes from oven; cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Pour glaze over cakes while in pans; let stand until glaze is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pans. Store cooled cakes, covered, in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 217 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 10, 2017
Wow! what a great recipe you have posted here on this web portal. Kindly saying awesome.Keep doing such a nice post. It really helps us to taste new delicious. Thanks for it.http://cake-delivery.in/kotahttp://cake-delivery.in/varanasihttp://cake-delivery.in/ranchihttp://cake-delivery.in/ghaziabadhttp://cake-delivery.in/mumbai
Mar 8, 2017
Delicious and very moist
Feb 12, 2014
very good. although the syrup ran over and made a mess.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.