Amaretto Dream Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Amaretto Butter Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and amaretto, beating well after each addition. Stir in almonds.
- Fill paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 316 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2013
I haven't made this recipe yet. Just got the magazine as a gift. However, what tip is used to decorate this cupcake in the photo?
Nov 10, 2012
The texture was amazing for a from scratch recipe. Does not have a strong Amaretto flavor to me. I would probably decrease the buttermilk and increase the Amaretto next time.
Jun 4, 2012
These would be pretty darn good if i had been wanting to make a breakfast muffin! the texture, look, and taste are all very muffin-y after finishing the recipe and trying it. My mother agreed. Amaretto muffins...pretty good but I'm disappointed because I had been dying to make amaretto cupcakes for ages!
Jun 27, 2011
Excellent and not too sweet! My family loved it!
Mar 28, 2011
Mar 23, 2008
it stands for pre-heat your oven to that temp before baking
Mar 6, 2008
what does the p stand for following the temperature?