Little Holiday Cakes
My college friend shared this cupcake recipe that has pie crust on the bottom, raspberry jam in the middle and cake on top—scrumptious for a buffet or potluck. —Dana Beckstrom, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red and green sprinkles
- Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut twenty-four 2-1/2-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon jam; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 338 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pie Cakes in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.