Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in water and blueberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Place cake slices on four dessert plates. Top each with ice cream and blueberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2011
So Good! I would not recommend using Sara Lee's frozen pound cake, it was like a block of foam.
May 31, 2010
Easy and delicious! Great for company or just a special dinner at home.