Blueberries and Cream Coffee Cake
This blueberry coffee cake is a Saturday morning tradition my boys grew up with. It's also my go-to recipe for all of our holiday get-togethers because it's perfect for breakfast or dessert. It's easy to make and is the most delicious coffee cake I've ever had. —Susan Ober, Franconia, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans if desired and cinnamon. Sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.