Blueberry Oatmeal Coffee Cake
There's a taste of summer in every slice of this bursting-with-blueberries cake from Lori Buenger of Mountain Home, Arkansas. With its tender texture and slightly sweet streusel topping, it's the perfect way to end a special-occasion breakfast or brunch.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk, oil and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the oats, flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.